Saturday, March 2nd 2024
Noon to 5pm
The JO Staff
Winter Weapons Workshop
with 6th degree black belt
THOMAS GROENDAL SENSEI
Chief Instructor of HOSHU DOJO
Aimed at developing and diversifying the staff JO skills of
AIKIDO practitioners familiar with AIKI-JO concepts,
this event, presented by an experienced AIKI practitioner, offers a window into
traditional combat applications of the unique, effective, and pragmatic 400-year-old weapon art called JODO.
Closely related to the principles of AIKIDO, JODO is the fun and challenging, paired KATA-based system
of defending oneself with a staff from an opponent armed with a sword.
Having lived in Nagoya, Tokyo, Osaka, and Oita, Japan for ten years, and being fluent in the Japanese language and culture,
Thomas Groendal Sensei is uniquely qualified to teach this rare and powerful martial art.
No JODO or AIKIDO experience necessary.
No falling or rolling.
Training weapons available for sale at the workshop.
For an optimal training experience,
this seminar will be limited to the first 22 registrants.
Yes, I’m coming! Save me a spot on the mat.
- Host reserves the right to refuse entry to or eject any unpleasant or disruptive participant without refund;
- Host may modify itinerary as it sees fit or at the request of the guest instructor(s) with minimal or without notice;
- Seminar end times subject to modification without notice;
- Seminars are video recorded by the hosting DOJO. Your registration/attendance at the seminar represents your irrevocable consent to be recorded and distributed by host.
- No photo or video recording permitted by attendees.